5 Simple Ways You Can Add Tech to Your Home

5 Simple Ways You Can Add Tech to Your Home

The following contribution is from another author.

The world of technology is growing at a significant rate and more and more people are starting to follow the trends, with almost everyone having some sort of mobile device that allows them to be ‘connected’ the world. So it’s not surprising that people want to bring home into the 21st century. The best bit is, it doesn’t have to involve a lot of effort and you definitely don’t need to complete any remodeling, you may just need to have some spare cash. The tech market is crammed full of easy to use, and some relatively affordable products that can allow you to transform your home life and really take a jump into the modern living lifestyle. Have a look here at some of the easy ways you can add technology into your home.

A Sound System and Bluetooth Speakers

You can now get an abundance of Bluetooth sound systems and epic Wireless entertainment systems that are the up and coming piece of equipment for any household that is tech-savvy, so adding something like this can really move you into the technological world. What’s even better is the fact that they can be extremely simple to get set up and ready to use in practically minutes and are relatively easy to use. These kinds of devices are brilliant for use in the home and out and about, you can even take the Bluetooth speakers away on holiday with you as they aren’t huge to carry. All can be controlled by the touch of a button and some can even be handled with your mobile phone, laptop or tablet. An added benefit is that they eliminated the need for you to have multiple devices plugged in around your home as they can easily be moved from room to room.

Upgrade Your TV To A Smart One

You may be wondering what a smart TV actually is, whether it’s different to a regular TV and if it’s really worth it but if you are really looking to move into the world of technology a Smart TV is a perfect way to do this. Allowing you to have direct access to your favorite apps like Netflix, YouTube, and even the internet it’s not a surprise that so many people are upgrading to this kind of tv. It’s the perfect way to upgrade and simplify your media experience. It’s definitely worth considering investing in a Smart TV, you may even find yourself hooked and wanting them all around the house although bear in mind that this may be slightly costly. So many options around too, it’s definitely worth doing some research into which set is right for your home before committing to a large purchase. However, having the internet and films readily available at the touch of a button should be a big enough draw for anyone.

Upgrade Your Thermostat and Create A Remote Control Home

A brilliant way to not only move into the world of tech in your home but also improve your home’s sustainability and reduce your environmental footprint is to think about moving away from your regular thermostat and upgrade to a Smart one. You are able to change to technology that learns about your home and usage the more you use it. Using a sensor LED screen and being controlled by Wi-fi these kinds of tech have programs that are smart enough to recognize the temperatures you use the most and like in your home. You can even allow it to turn on and off themselves with a personalized schedule to suit your daily life. A good thing about these is that you also use programs where you are able to create a remotely controlled home with add-ons such as smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and cameras to control your home, which will give you peace of mind when you’re away.

Home Security

If you are making your home more technology-minded then it’s definitely worth considering the security of your home whilst you do this. No one likes to think about their property even been entered without permission, been burgled or their home not been safe however on occasions it does happen. It can be helped though, and technology can help to do this. Thinking about standard protocol such as making sure you hire a reputable Garage Door Company to look after the installation of your garage is advisable to make sure it adheres by standards and there is an abundance of high spec designs with the latest tech to help make sure this area is secured. You can also look to adding features such as camera doorbells, surveillance cameras and automated gates all of which are good deterrents for anyone looking for a target.

Lighting and Cleaning

Switching to LED lightbulbs throughout your house may seem like a bit a cost to begin with as they are slightly more expensive than regular bulbs however they are a brilliant way to cut down on your energy usage and increase your home’s technology profile. It’s been proven that they consume 20% less energy on average and last up to 40 times longer than regular bulbs which makes them extremely popular. If you install the right tech they even have the capability of been controlled from your tablet, mobile and laptop so you can turn the lights on and off when you’re not even home, brilliant if you’re staying out later than planned and want it to look like someone is home. Another great piece of tech that similar and inexpensive to add to your home is a robotic hoover, these have been around for a while now, but developers are still constantly on the lookout for ways they can improve the design and efficiency and again these handy pieces of equipment can be controlled via your mobile and tablet, now that’s convenience at it’s best.

Do you have any other pieces of technology that should be added into the home? Please share them in the comments section below.

Author

Eric is the creator of At Home in the Future and has been a passionate fan of the future since he was seven. He's a web developer by trade, and serves as the Director of Communication and Technology for a large church in Nashville, TN (where he and his family are building a high tech home in the woods).

39 comments

• Nest Thermostat – one of the best.
    I’d say keep the product simple as a start and upgrade it later if the needs expand.
    Nice article though!

• It’s an amazing article, I was looking for something exactly like this to add tech to my house. This information is very helpful. thank you for sharing. Keep Posting.

• Considering our goal of sending post notification emails in WordPress, here’s a brief three-point summary to help you decide which plugin is the best solution for you:

• Amazing and interesting blog created! Superb way to make Ilama farmers get familiar with ways by which they could effectively increase the production as well as trading and marketing in order to receive huge profits. I literally liked this content.

• Hello, It’s an amazing article, I was looking for something exactly like this to add tech to my house. This information is very helpful. thank you for sharing. Keep Posting.

• Hello, The wine brands that you have mentioned in the above post i know and some my favorite. like ETNA and Domaine Delaporte. But unfortunately, but I never know about its history. When they introduced and What is its making process. I like white wines with roasted beef and creamy pasta.

• Thanks for hosting! This week I am bringing more goodness from the garden. Tuna Salad in a Cantaloupe Bowl with cottage cheese and pineapple kicks off the list. Then a cucumber, tomato and red onion salad for a late summer lunch. To round off the menu is a simple but delicious Cucumber and Onion side dish! Enjoy!Omio Coupons

• PDF Merge Free is an online web app which is designed for merging multiple PDF documents into one. With the development of technology in nowadays, there are no technical problems for developers to write efficient codes to combine PDF files and pages. So, service providers should offer something more attractive to outstand. For the side of PDF Merge Free, we have found something advantages deserving highlighted.apartments for rent

• I absolutely love this (“The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?” ~ Psalm 27: 1) it reminds me that even when I feel overwhelmed by daily struggles I shouldn’t fear failure because I have him on my side to pick me up. I don’t know how anyone could do daily life with out him I would crumble!! Great Article thank you!!professional painting

• Your blog is awesome because you put the light on historical places that we must want to visit. When we visit these places then we know about our great leaders and great places. Travel is a source of pleasure and enjoyment. I also visit many beautiful places in the world. They bring a positive change in our thinking and we feel fresh. I am very glad to learn a lot about your travel tips knowledge. Your tips are rich with a lot of useful knowledge.interior painting

• I happen to work in an IT role were I am expected to be available from 8-5 at minimum and I don’t fudge on that. I won’t say I haven’t turned things on TV (Olympics, World Cup, Congressional Hearings) from time to time, but it’s probable I’d be listening to it on my phone if I was in the office.

• Flower shaped gelato? Yes, that was my first thought after reading this. I want some! LOL I’m glad you had a great time. I’d really love to visit Paris someday. That’s really cool there are so many options for people to get in free.general store

• So experience is a decent measure since then you realize that the land intermediary hasn’t done anything so terrible as to toss them bankrupt. A decent land dealer won’t act similarly as the sales representative for the vender (from whom the land intermediary is because of get commission/charge when the arrangement emerges) however will likewise pay notice to the necessities of the purchaser.United Square

• Making minor improvements over time is one of the best (and smartest) ways to keep this high-performance room in good working order as well as looking updated. Love the recent picture! You look beautiful. Blessings on you as you wait for this little son or daughter.OKP Holdings Developer

• So experience is a decent measure since then you realize that the land intermediary hasn’t done anything so terrible as to toss them bankrupt. A decent land dealer won’t act similarly as the sales representative for the vender (from whom the land intermediary is because of get commission/charge when the arrangement emerges) however will likewise pay notice to the necessities of the purchaser.Marketing Kona

• During the searching healthy diet plane, I reach your post. I know A paleo diet consists of fruits, vegetables, lean meats & seafood, nuts, and healthy fats while avoiding dairy, grains, processed foods & sugars, legumes, starches. I saving your plane menu!Restroom

• Hey, very nice information. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.anboxing

• Hey, very nice information. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.Digital Marketing

• I loved hearing which projects were worth doing again!! I hope that you are able to have your little boy or girl (I’m hoping for a little lady for you 🙂 ) before they have to induce. But either way prayers for a healthy and safe delivery!Avenue South Residence

• I am traveling to Paris this Easter and will be with my daughters (15 yrs old ) and other adult cousins. We are staying in Paris and hoping to do the same day trip as you. Do you know if you can still rent bikes without having to take an expensive tour? We plan on taking an early train and getting to the Vernon train station by 8:30 a.m.Newton MRT

• Hello, very nice information. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.Colours That Go With Grey

• Thank you for sharing the gift of salvation – and the plan to receive it. I need to do that much more with my blogging! Praising the Lord for my salvation!

• How to fix connections to bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays in windows 10,there are more option and ways to connected wireless audio,so that here the simple common method available and provide the full guide you solution.precios detectives Madrid

• Hello, very nice information. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.tri-city

• I have a son who has just entered the work force after college. My advice to him is that he was hired to do a job for his employer. It’s not to compare how much another coworker is doing and rationalize crappy work habits. You must establish your own ethical/professional standards and adhere to them. If you do that, you make it much easier on yourself.towson contractors