Ensuring You Get the Best Price for Your Property

Ensuring You Get the Best Price for Your Property

The following contribution is from another author.

When it comes to selling your home, there are multiple factors that need to be taken into consideration, and if you don’t do this, then you are not going to be able to get the best possible price. Selling your home is already a hard task, you are not going to want to settle for something less than the home is worth unless you are looking for a quick sale, but you are also not going to want to make the price so high that it becomes unaffordable. But, you don’t need to worry because that is why we have written this article. Down below, you are going to find some of our best advice on how you can get the absolute best price for your property when it comes time to sell. Keep reading to find out more information on this topic down below!

Make It Minimal

Selling your home is already going to be difficult, and you need to make it easier for yourself and the buyer by making the home minimal before it goes on the market. This design trend has taken off in recent years and is particularly popular with the younger generation, so if you know that your home is a first-time buyer house, then you need to take this into consideration. You might be wondering how you would go about making your home minimal, and the simple answer is that everything which is not absolutely necessary needs to be put away into storage. Whether this is in your attic, basement or a rented storage unit doesn’t matter, as long as it is not taking up space in the main part of your home.

A simple rule to follow is that if it serves no purpose, it should not be on display. For example, if you go into the living room and there are two of you living in the home, then there should only be two chairs out, and potentially a third for a guest. By doing this, you open up and space and allow the full size of the room to be on display, rather than having it cluttered up with various items that just take away from the glory of the house itself.

Upgrades

Have you thought about making upgrades to your home? We know that you are not going to want to spend a massive amount upgrading your home especially when you are going to be moving out in a matter of weeks, but this is still necessary if you want to boost the price of the house. Make sure that the bathroom and kitchen is not outdated because these are two of the most important things to prospective buyers. If you have cabinets and units that look like they are from the 1940s then you need to get these changed as soon as possible. As well as the units, take a look at the countertops and the tiles in the rooms. It needs to look as though someone could move in straight away and not be transported back a couple of hundred years. Modern styles are all the rage these days, so get updating your bathroom and kitchen, especially before you put your house up for sale.

Likewise, you need to think about the other areas of your home such as the living area and all the bedrooms. If they look like a Victorian family has been living there for the past couple of years, it is going to be off-putting. Even further than this, you might want to think about adding an extension onto the house. For example, you could put another bedroom in here, or even add a new downstairs location depending on what you think the demand is highest for right now. You might think that it sounds a little silly to do this when you are going to be moving out soon, but an extension could dramatically increase the price of the home.

Restore It All

Are there things in your home that you know need restoring but you haven’t gotten around to it yet? You should look into seeing a restoration company to get this process underway as soon as possible. It doesn’t matter what it is around your home that needs completing, it should all be done before the house hits the market. If your potential buyer sees something in the home that needs restoring, this is an instant mark against you whether this is entirely fair or not. It doesn’t take too much for you to get this done, but it could make the world of difference in the eyes of someone who wants to purchase your home. You might be wondering why this is the case, and the reason is that sometimes buyers will make you offers for the things in your home as well as the home itself such as the white goods in the kitchen and so on.

Make Sure It’s Clean

There is nothing worse than going to view a property and noticing that it is not clean. You might not think that this is going to be important, but it is. While it is not the most important thing in the world, you need to be presenting your home as somewhere that they could move into within the next hour and if it is not clean, then this is not going to be the case. This is then going to impact the offer they make on your home if they choose to make an offer at all. We would even go as far as to recommend that you hire a cleaning service to get all those hard to reach areas that you wouldn’t have thought to get into!

It’s A Blank Slate

Something that you need to remember is that you are presenting your home as a blank slate to anyone who walks in looking to purchase it. Personal items should be put away, there should be no pictures of your family anywhere to be seen, and anything that looks like it could be personal in any way needs to be somewhere out of view. The reason for this is that people want to be able to imagine themselves living there, and if they see the home full of your things, this is not going to be possible. It is easier to fall in love with a home that you feel like you could live in rather than one that feels like you are moving into someone else’s house. If you make the potential buyer fall in love with the house, then they are likely to place a higher bid for the property.

Don’t be afraid to have your house looking completely bare for the viewings as this is likely going to be the better option. Let them imagine their furniture and their personal belongings in each and every room instead of seeing yours.

Get A Survey

When someone makes an offer on the property, it is likely going to be subject to survey meaning that they are going to have a thorough evaluation completed on the property before they are willing to go through with the purchase. These are done to see if the seller is trying to hide something, or if there are any underlying problems with the house that should be taken into consideration.

The best way to get around this is to get one completed on the home before you put it up for sale. That way, if there is anything that needs to be sorted, such as foundation issues, they can be done in time. When there are no issues with the home, the value will increase, which is what you are looking for here. There can be no surprises when the survey comes back if you have already had one completed. If you don’t want to make the adjustments that the survey recommends, then you should disclose them to the potential buyer and let them make an informed choice on what they want to do now.

Consult An Expert

The final thing that we are going to recommend to help you get the best price for your property is to consult an expert. This needs to be someone who has worked in the real estate industry for a while and knows everything they need to about the market. They will be able to give you the advice you need to sell your home at the highest price, without going too far and putting people off with the high price. Some people choose not to go with this option and don’t even get their house valued and could end up with a property that is stuck on the market for months, or even years at a time.

We hope that you have found this article helpful, and now have a few ideas on how you can ensure you get the best price for your property. Good luck, and we hope that you take this advice and get the most value out of your current home!

Author

Eric is the creator of At Home in the Future and has been a passionate fan of the future since he was seven. He's a web developer by trade, and serves as the Director of Communication and Technology for a large church in Nashville, TN (where he and his family are building a high tech home in the woods).

40 comments

• Most investors opt for the property, so you will face less competition when buying land. Why is this important? You have a negotiating advantage, for starters, and you may be able to buy the land much lower than the asking price.

• Hello, many important things that should be important before buying the property. Most investors opt for the property, so you will face less competition when buying land. Can you suggest me any best property dealer?

• Hello, Most investors opt for the property, so you will face less competition when buying land. Why is this important? You have a negotiating advantage, for starters, and you may be able to buy the land much lower than the asking price.Sell your home fast

• In the event that you introduce balustrades made of stainless steel, they become an enduring endeavor, as top-notch steel isn’t influenced by residue, dampness, and destructive components and by mold.parc clematis

• If you believe you can, you’re probably right. If you believe you can’t, you more than definitely are! What you believe is one of the biggest predictors of what you will accomplish.dimensions

• This is some really good information about selling a home quickly. It is good to know that it would be smart to clean up your house as much as possible. I like that you pointed out that buyers most of the time don’t want to fix anything before moving into a new home. Personally, I wouldn’t even want to have to paint the walls.Real Estate Text Marketing

• I would really like to thank you for the efforts you have got put in penning this internet website. I’m hoping the same high-grade weblog post from you in the approaching as well. In reality your creative writing skills has inspired me to get my own website now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a incredible instance of it.avoid foreclosure

• I would be a Real Estate investor. After my 4 years in the Navy as a cook, I went to the Culinary Institute of America to learn the proper way to cook. Eventually, after 5 years working in the finest restaurants and Clubs in Palm Beach and New York City, I bought 2 bankrupt restaurants and eventually had 5 within 15 years.human rights assignments

• Great post on REITS! I have invested in a retirement home REIT, and it’s the only one of my investments that has not gone down since the market started doing badly. Sooo, best decision i think i could have made! Definitely interested in looking into another one though, since buying a house is not really an option for me right now. Thanks for sharing this!Residential HVAC installation Vaughan

• In real estate, there is also the creative investor who using techniques like lease options, owner financing, short sales and wholesaling to make money from real estate with very little cash and no credit. Of course, these types of strategies are based on your ability to find motivated sellers.luxury las vegas apartments

• Anne’s company is the sort of which I would be concerned will receive too much benefit from this association, relative to independent real estate photographers. Personally, I am somewhat less concerned than I think other independent real estate photographers might be, because I don’t try to compete that directly with the likes of companies such as Anne’s, in that I focus on a lower-volume model that emphasizes significantly higher quality images that are especially suitable for properties that are well staged and show especially well.

• I attended the first meeting for AREP in Atlanta at the beginning of the year, it was very informative for both the larger companies and independent photographers. I am an independent photographer myself, shooting nothing but real estate and feel confident that AREP will actually help my “independent” voice be heard. I may not agree with everything that AREP is trying to organize but at least it’s a start in the right direction and I am confident that this organization will help me as an independent photographer in the long run.Villas for rent in Dubai

• When considering if you want to lease or buy, you have to consider ALL the variables, which varies by economic location. If I were to want to live in what anyone would consider a “nice” neighborhood… well, I don’t make $19/hr (thankfully I make more) but I still can’t afford to even dream about it. home inspectors fayetteville nc

• I’m not sure of the context to this but I consider my eight years of enjoyable and non-monetized blogging to still very much be my “property“ that I freely give to the public domain. I do not want to lose my rights to it though, I have often thought I might want to compile the best to make a book or some type of collection or even develop programs from the materials, I would be crushed if someone took my stuff and monetized it when I’m dirt poor LOL.locksmith 32225

• When considering if you want to lease or buy, you have to consider ALL the variables, which varies by economic location. If I were to want to live in what anyone would consider a “nice” neighborhood… well, I don’t make $19/hr (thankfully I make more) but I still can’t afford to even dream about it.Kampong Java

• I am glad to view such a great article, I sit tight for an additional article additional fascinating on peruse. Manner cool! exactly greatly substantial points! I like you composing this article in addition to whatever remains of those websites will be generally great. I by any means adored the article. It demonstrated with being exceptional of service should be. Phenomenal publish! decent post Hosting phenomenal substance. This is precisely the thing that I’ve been searching for.gutters raleigh

• I too agree with your point like implementing a tiny house community like Opportunity Village was not straightforward, but it was doable, we just had to make it of interest to enough people. Realizing early pilot projects like this then sets precedent for adjusting municipal code to set physical parameters for this new type of land use. Very informative.This site

• Very nice tips which anyone can apply when selling their property. A word of mouth through friends and family is also fantastic since you can get a buyer just there!

• I wasn’t thinking that i could read all that much, very long article but i barely felt it. it was so good and compelling. drives the message smoothly and charming. thank you.locksmith

• I am glad to view such a great article, I sit tight for an additional article additional fascinating on peruse. Manner cool! exactly greatly substantial points! I like you composing this article in addition to whatever remains of those websites will be generally great. I by any means adored the article. It demonstrated with being exceptional of service should be. Phenomenal publish! decent post Hosting phenomenal substance. This is precisely the thing that I’ve been searching for. foreclosure

• In real estate, there is also the creative investor who using techniques like lease options, owner financing, short sales and wholesaling to make money from real estate with very little cash and no credit. Of course, these types of strategies are based on your ability to find motivated sellers. https://www.newaqar.net/

• Investing online sounds so interesting! I would like to know some more details about investing in real estate online. It’s just hard to trust agents because sometimes they all seem to say the same things, it’s hard for us to know who’s telling you genuine information.we buy houses maryland

• Was just reading this in light of the recent findings of money laundering in BC in Canada. Due to a loophole, it was a haven for this until recently. Apparently, 40% of Vancouver property was being bought for cash – the clues were there!Mendrugo Properties

• Mortgage payment consists of two parts: mortgage interests and mortgage principal. The interests portion is similar to rent. If you pay interest, it disappears and doesn’t add equity to the property. To fully simulate characteristics of renting, we assume buyer will apply for a zero down, interest-only loan.apartments for rent malta

• I like you composing this article in addition to whatever remains of those websites will be generally great. I by any means adored the article. It demonstrated with being exceptional of service should be. Phenomenal publish! decent post Hosting phenomenal substance. This is precisely the thing that I’ve been searching for.residence laval

• Financial advisors are a great option, though one should probably accumulate a bit of assets before finding one to make it worth while. At the beginning, focusing on living below your means is still much more effective then trying to increase your investment gains.raingo gutters