The following contribution is from another author.
You’re restless. You’re waiting for something, but you’re not quite sure what you are waiting for. You want to go somewhere new, but you’re not sure where or when you should go. It’s not easy to pack up your life and move somewhere new, especially when you have loved where you are living for some time. Is the move worth it? Is it going to bring you happiness?
Honestly, you need to think about whether your new house is going to be somewhere you enjoy going to, and you need to know whether you have enough storage space to get exactly what you want from your new property. Everyone loves a list, so before you call the movers, let’s check out some of the top signs it’s time for you to move house. We’ve got them for you below!
- You’ve run out of space
- You’re always on home-buying websites
- You’re desperate for a shorter commute
- Your neighbors aren’t as lovely as you thought
- You can afford a move
- You want to buy a house
- Your garden isn’t as big as you’d like
- You have a new job opportunity
- You had your planning application refused
Of course, there are far more reasons than these – hundreds, in fact. You can find pretty much any reason to move if it’s truly something you want. The problem? Money! Money is the most common reason that people find they cannot move. So, why is moving such a difficult thing to do for most people? Let’s take a look!
- It’s something that takes up all your time. Moving is busy, and it’s not just the bit where you have to pack up a house and move. It’s finding a new home and dealing with real estate agents and choosing between buying and renting a house. Moving takes a lot of money and time, and unless you hand over your move to someone else, you’ll be swamped in packing and taking time to view other houses.
- Moving is pricey! You’re going to be strapped for cash for a while when you’re pumping your money into a new house. You have moving companies and listing fees, real estate agent fees, and more to pay for, so you need to be financially ready before you go.
- Moving is stressful most of the time. You can choose the people that you trust to help you to buy a house, from the surveyors to the signatures on all the paperwork. You can even hand over the move to a management company to do it all for you if you really don’t have the time. It’s not easy to find a house that you like, and then after that, you have to fit in packing around your life.
Are you still on the fence about whether you are ready to move? Well, hopefully now you understand the reasons that people have trouble moving, and why they move in the first place, you’re going to be able to make a more informed decision about your move.