The following contribution is from another author.
Moving house is possibly one of the biggest household tasks there is, and the more house you have, the harder it is to get organized. It may seem like a dream to own a large home and yard, but it always seems to be the case that the more space you have, the more clutter! Packing up to move to a new property can be very overwhelming if this is the case, but don’t panic: you can come through it unscathed!
Moving isn’t just about packing a few boxes into the car and off you go – unless you have very little furniture and clothes and it’s just you! From storage with https://www.aaamobilestorageut.com/ to packing supplies, there are a lot of intricacies involved and no two moves are the same. The good news is that there are plenty of tips for packing up and moving elsewhere that will ensure that you have an easy time of it!
- Organize Yourself Early. You have to start making lists a few months in advance. The chances are that you know your move is coming long before you start doing anything about it, which means that you need to start making lists. You want lists of packers and movers, suppliers for boxes and bubble wrap and you should even consider making lists of all the utilities and companies you need to notify of your move. Avoid leaving anything until the last minute and you’ll have everything done in a jiffy.
- Strategize. When you move to a new home, you have to figure out how to get from point A to point B with the least possible trouble. You can get friends together for a “round the corner” move, but if you’re going further afield, consider getting the movers on board locally, who have a rental truck and a trolley to help you to move your things. Make a list of the quotes you’ve received and don’t always go for the cheapest option.
- Keep Talking To Your Movers. If you have large pieces of furniture, you’re going to want to let your furniture movers know what to expect from your home so that they can send the right number of movers and equipment to get this right. While you’re there, make a point of asking your moving provider about their COVID-safe plan. It’s important that you get on top of this early!
- Choose The Right Transport. Do you need a large van or will a car do the trick? No matter what, you have to budget for this and it’s important that you choose the correct sized vehicle from the beginning. This will save you doing multiple trips – and it’ll save you money, too.
- Get Decluttering. Before you move and pack, it’s important that you declutter the house. When you do this, you can ensure that you are moving only what you want and need rather than a bunch of clutter that is taking up space. You can sell all the big ticket items, too, and use the money for the move.